Background





Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Is In the Air!


Hello!!! How are you doing today? I hope your day is going BEAUTIFULLY!!!  I am extremely excited and honored to be one of the newest additions to the Creative Inspirations DT Family:o) I was first introduced to these incredible paints by Susana about a year ago, and it was love at first sight! As a papercrafter/card maker, shimmer and sparkle are an absolute must-have in my creative arsenal...so, these paints find much love on my projects. For me, they are a necessity! If you have never tried them, you truly do not know what you are missing!!!  They are beautiful...easy to use...incredibly versatile (just check out all the fab tutorials HERE)...quite inexpensive...and a little goes a LONG way!

For today's card, I was inspired by this week's Creative Inspirations Challenge- "Spring". I don't know about you, but when I think of springtime, I envision butterflies fluttering about:) I thought about what I would like to create and opted to dust off some crafty goodies that have been sorely neglected...a beautiful Dreamweaver brass stencil (Vertical Butterflies), an embossing stylus and a light box. Do you remember using these before embossing folders hit store shelves?  The stencil used on this project is very narrow...perfect for a bookmark, but not so great for a card...so, I embossed three panels to create my background. I painted the dry embossed butterflies with Tutu Pink CI Paint to add a touch of color and to give it tons of sparkle. Since I am not a skilled photographer, I had a bit of difficulty capturing its true beauty:(


For the butterfly above, I inked up one of my PTI butterfly stamps and painted it with more Tutu Pink CI Paint. I just love all the shimmer it added!! Since the stamped image was too big for the bow, I pulled out my trusty MS butterfly punch and let it do its work...now, it fit on the bow perfectly:) Then, I added the dots and the body with some Viva Decor Pearl Pens in Ice White and Black.


This was a really fun card to make, and it felt really good showing some of my neglected goodies some much needed love.  I hope you found a little creative inspiration today, and look forward to seeing your Springtime creations in this week's Creative Inspirations challenge:o) Thanks for dropping by, and have a beautifully blessed day!!!!

I am entering today's card in the following fabulous challenges:
 HUGS!!!
Carolyn

Card Ingredients:
Hobby Lobby card stock, Verve stamp - "Beautiful You", Papertrey Ink stamp (design on punched butterfly on bow) - "Butterfly Kisses", Dreamweaver stencil - Vertical Butterflies, Creative Inspirations paint - Tutu Pink, Nesties (large standard and scalloped circles), Viva Decor Pearl pens (Ice White, Black), Offray black satin ribbon, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, waterbrush, Memento ink (Tuxedo Black), light box, embossing stylus, adhesive.

6 comments:

Bea said...

Your card is amazing! Love the colours and everything :o)

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week

Bea

Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful, such delicate detail.
Great blog too, full of inspiration..

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Huggies Angel

Danni said...

Love this, so beautiful!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining our "Butterfly" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so elegant!!!!

jackiescrafts said...

A beautiful card I love the LO and the butterflies are so pretty
Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

Jackie x