Background





Friday, April 15, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEATHER!!!!!!

Coffee Cup-O-Jo Cake courtesy of Chocolate Earth
Welcome to Heather's *Sweet Surprise* Birthday Blog Hop!

We are so excited to celebrate Heather's birthday today, owner and designer of Fresh Brewed Designs!
And we are even more excited to share this special day with all of you! Today is a celebration blog hop to honor one of the sweetest and most faith-filled gals we have been blessed to meet! It's Heather's birthday and that means YOU are in for a treat with the cards and creations on this hop along with a little "Goodie Bag" Birthday treat for one lucky random.org winner!
{TBA on Kelly's fabby blog: Sunday, 4/17, midnight}

One lucky random winner will receive this awesome Birthday "Goodie Bag":

  • The Crown jewel! ** A $10.00 Gift Certificate to spend in the FBD Store!!**
...and to complete those wonderful FBD cards you will also receive the following!
  • DCWV Mat Stack - NIP, Holiday colors!
  • 4 Pack Dew Drops Memento Inks
  • S.E.I. Happy Birthday Die Cuts & epoxy words (1 of each)
  • Paper Crate Designs Happy Birthday rub-on accents
  • 1 Disney Cuttlebug Gift Frame embossing folder and cutting die
  • 3 petal peddles - real, fresh pressed flowers
  • 1 bottle red Stickles
  • 1 pack Kaisercraft pearls
If you arrived on this sweet birthday hop from Jeanette's spectacular blog, then you are in the right place! If not, please stop in at Linda's beautiful blog so you won't miss any of the yumminess along the way!


When I was considering what kind of birthday card I would like to send my BFF Heather...I was originally going to use one of her fabulous FBD images, but I changed my mind and decided to use a House Mouse image instead. You see, I was incredibly blessed to meet Heather through the House Mouse & Friends Challenge Blog. At first, we left comments on each others blogs...then, we sent emails back and forth...until one day, we decided to speak to one another via phone. Now, we talk to each other almost every other day:) My family even knows when I haven't spoken to my darling Heather...I suppose I can get a bit snappy when I don't get my TOC fix:) What can I say...she keeps me sane!!! 
I also selected this particular image because she LOVES Krispy Kreme Donuts...and doesn't it look like those cuties are celebrating? Here is a pic of us celebrating the first time we met IRL (please forgive my bad hair day...yes, it's time to hit the hairdresser...I just prefer ball caps and/or ponytails...so not a girly-girl):


I am hoping to visit her REAL soon:) Oh happy days!!!! Anyhoo...I just wanted to wish Heather a SUPER, AMAZING, FUN-FILLED BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope she knows how much I LOVE HER!!! We started out blogging buddies and now we are sisters:) BFF TOCs FOR LIFE!!! She means the world to me, and I thank God everyday for bringing such a ray of sunshine into my life! Talk about a blessing!!!


Okay...enough of my blubbering...it's time to continue hopping:) Your next stop is sweet Kelly's amazing blog! And, just in case you need it, here is the full list of birthday hoppers:


Carolyn (:you're here:)

Be sure to leave a comment at the hoppers along the way to be eligible for the "Goodie Bag" Birthday candy!

Thanks bunches for hopping along with us and sharing this most blessed birthday today! 
And...don't forget to stop by Heather's blog to wish her a very Happy, Sweet Birthday!
xoxoxo
Blessings!
Carolyn

18 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Great birthday card for Heather and such a great story as to why you picked it. Love it. Your picture is fine :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful BD card for Heather ... OH my!

Sam said...

Love the Mouse house donuts!!! Your coloring is awesome!!

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Carolyn, how totally fabulous!! Love your story about how you got to know and love Heather. Your card is perfect, definitely the right image between friends. After all, who doesn't LOVE doughnuts!!!!

Linda

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh Carolyn! Your post has me all teary eyed, and I know that Heather will be so very touch at your absolutely magical birthday post! From how you met to how you've touched each other's lives as He meant for you both to do, it just makes me smile to hear of your wonderful friendship and the card you made for your special BFF! It' perfect! Thank YOU for being part of this special hop and big hugs!! x0x0

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Aww! What a great tribute to Heather!
She DOES love her donuts! I'm sure this card will make her say "EEEEEEEKKKKK"! (-:

Stacie

Lorie said...

Now THAT'S the way to celebrate!!! What an adorable card, Carolyn! All done up in beautiful Carolyn style all the way!! The picture of you two beautiful ladies says it all!! What a blessed celebration of Heather!! Thanks for always inspiring me, Carolyn!!

Love ya,
Lorie

kadie said...

Ummmmm, did you make that cake, Carolyn?? Omgosh!! So amazing and sooooo makes me think of Ms. Cup-o-java herself, our Dear Heather!

Sweet Carolyn, your post is so touching and not only do I celebrate Heather today, but I'm also in awe of how God brings people into our lives at just the right time...as He did when He brought you and Heather together. Such beautifully caring, talented and GORGEOUS Ladies...and now BFF's! I love that picture of you two--I get the biggest smile when I look at the two of you and think about how the Lord has blessed me in getting to "meet" you both as well. You're both so dear to me!

AND your card!! It's just stunning! So perfectly thought out and detailed to perfection. Such a gorgeous and fun card for a bday Gal who is just that too! HUGS HUGS HUGS, my friend!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OK .. Missy Miss! YOU ... OH YOU!!! :) I was awaken this morning by my little girl (and daddy) sneaking up to make my coffee this morning and wishing me a happy birthday. She even broke out the oreos! lol!!! We had coffee, my mom called and wished me a Happy Birthday ... my sister.. then my TOC BFF SISTER FINALLY broke through our phone bugs / boogers and I was filled with love with the big ol HAPPY BIRTHDAY squeal I heard over the phone (I know that she had ready, oh, say, 5 times prior) But it was as happy and excited as if it were the first time you were going to say it. You made my day! THEN.. THEN you informed me of this special hop. For me. I got online and saw a few little tidbits of a post and you know the rest. My heart is so overwhelmed and I feel so very loved right now. God has blessed me beyond all I could ever imagine and deserve. What a HUGE surprise this was!!! Sneaky sneakers!!! So .. My Carolyn. You KNOW how special you are to me. when we met at the House Mouse challenge blog, you always left the sweetest comments. I knew that you had a heart of gold and our friendship grew.... and grew... and grew. I love to think of our first phone conversations... and my warning you before you called that I am a country hick and did not want to scare you off! HAHAHA!!!! We are one in the same, my friend. God was just waiting for the perfect time to take his hands, have our paths cross, push us right beside each other and say "here, here is a gift I have for you". I thank him for you every day. Tell Mr Man I said thank you for his Bionic Birthday wishes :) hehehe!!!
Sending hugs and smiles and a few tears.

TOC BABY!
Heather

bumblebee creations said...

what an awesome pic of the two of you,and I love your card!!!

Barb said...

Great card and such a wonderful post!

Stacy said...

Oh Carolyn, I had to leave your blog and finish a good cry before I could come back and comment. Now I am tearing up again trying to write this. Your post just filled my heart with joy! What a gift you and Heather have in each other, God is so good! On to your card....{breath} I can not put into words how much I admire your talent, you are a TRUE artist not just a "papercrafter" your heart shows through your work and touches me everytime I click open your blog! I don't know what else to say? I am speechless....and too emotional!
Hugs and blessings to you!

FMonty said...

Such a FUN card! Its simply CUTE CUTE CUTE! TFS :)

JLJ Designs said...

Wonderful card! And what a perfect cake.

Jen

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Carolyn, your card is gorgeous - stunning - but the best thing about your blog post is the stories you shared about the awesome friend you have in Heather! Thank you for letting us hear our words. Next time please include tissues. ;)

April said...

Your coloring of those donuts makes my house pitter patter! And, even more; I love your post!! HE works in mysterious ways and the two of you were obviously meant to be BFFs!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh I feel like I am home! I so miss your meecy cards! I am sure your BFF will love this!

Unknown said...

Cuteness - love the mice with their donuts. Is there anyone who doesn't love Krisy Kreme donuts?
As for the picture - the two of you look great
Imaf (I am now a follower)
perderg@Q.com