Background





Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dream BIG!


Hello!!!! My apologies for not posting in a while, but things are SUPER busy in my little corner of the world:} I hope your week has been going beautifully!!! Today, I wanted to show you a card I created using one of the new stamps from The Peekers Collection at SCACD and this sweetie is named "Daydreaming Peeker". She was created by Elisabeth Bell exclusively for SCACD Stamp Co., and isn't she a doll baby? I love her...probably because she reminds me of my niece, Savannah...she {{HEARTS}} her tutus and I {{HEART}} her!!!

 
This little darling was colored with Prismacolor markers, and the color palette was inspired by this week's Etsy Inspired Challenge. They are showcasing the lovelies available at Think Fast Designs...and I chose to use the beautiful colors in THIS gorgeous, vintage pendant. I was quite fortunate to have fallen in love with this particular necklace cuz I recently received the stunning Bo Bunny papers from the Gabrielle Collection...which has some sheets that match these colors perfectly:) BINGO! BANGO! BAM! I love it when these things simply fall into place!! Don't you? Of course, it very seldom works out so easily for me...usually, I struggle to find the "right" papers and embellies...BUT not this time:) Wahoo!! I am enjoying the moment! Heeheehee...


I don't know if you can see it in the above photo, but a coating of Creative Inspirations Paint in Fairy Dust was painted on her adorable tutu and her jewelry box...just to add a touch of sparkle. For a bit more sparkle, a teensy bit of Stickles was added to her hair accessory and the ballerina (in the jewelry box) along with hints of Viva Decor Pearl Pen to adorn the exterior of the jewelry box. What can I say....you know how I l-o-v-e my sparkle;)


Well, I think I have taken up enough of your Thursday. I hope your day is overflowing with blessings, laughter and love! Thank you SO much for dropping by! I will be back tomorrow with something fun:) Have an AWESOME day!!!!

Today's card was also inspired by the following amazing challenges:
HUGS!!!
Carolyn
Card Ingredients:
Stamp- Daydreaming Peeker by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD Stamp Co., Papertrey Ink card stock, Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection patterned papers, Prismacolor markers, Nesties- Labels 4, Fiskars corner punch, ribbon (from Big Lots), Creative Inspirations paint (Fairy Dust), Stickles (Crystal), Viva Decor Pearl Pen (Ice White), EK Success chalk, Prima flowers, Kaisercraft flowers, Martha Stewart leaf punch, "Dream Big" metal embellie (from stash), and adhesive pearls, shimmery tulle and pearl bridal spray from Hobby Lobby

14 comments:

Kathryn said...

wow what a lovely card, I love the little lace trims you have used and the lovely corner detail to all those lovely layers, stunning. Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes, K x

Nancy said...

Your detailing is amazing, right down to the pearls!! I love your card! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OOoOOoOoooH this is GORGEOUS! (I need to learn more descriptive words, lol... but this one is the one you get :)!) I LOVE the tutu and pearls. The flowers grouped in the corner and decorated with string of pearls add such a sweet, soft, touch while still looking 'little girly' to match the image. Pretty pretty bow and I love the dream big tag in the center. Reminds me of when my DD was a little ballerina... now pre-teen more elegant ballerina mixed with a little attitude, a little goofiness, a little tie dye and spunk... all mixed in with the the extra sweet, loving, caring girly girl beautiful spirit within her.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation with us all. I always love to stop by and admire your lovely creations.
HUGS
Heather

Robin said...

Really pretty and girly detail! Thanks so much for playing along with My Partner in Crafting Crime's 'layer it up' challenge! Good luck with the extra draws!
Robin

Rachel x said...

Such a pretty card- I love all the detail and especially the colour-combo!! :)
Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner In Crafting Crime this time!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Tracy Valure said...

Very pretty!! I love how you popped up the tutu and added the toile (not sure how you spell it lol) Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!
Tracy Valure

Anne Harada said...

Wow, absolutely stunning! I had to do a double take on this!! Just gorgeous!! Thanks for entering the WWUSA Blog Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Anne

Lorraine said...

Oh your card is gorgeous! I love the colors, papers, kraft base and your coloring of tha sweet sweet image!

Joy said...

fab! thanks for playing with Bugaboo! Joy DT

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous card love all your added details thank you for joining us at Anything goes
Hugs
Tamara

Jodie Mackrell said...

very cute! love all the embellishments! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Sue from Oregon said...

So sweet with all the little details you added!

Dee Jackson said...

oh so sweet!! Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Carolyn!! This is totally gorgeous! Five stars *****. Love the colors with your coloring and the paper is so yummy! Very pretty and elegant! Hugz, Colleen