Background





Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Egg Inspired Gifties:)


Good morning!! I can definitely tell you that I have been making a joyful and grateful noise these past few days!!! God has definitely showered us with blessings, and I am praising Him as loudly and as often as I can!!!  I don't know if you are aware of this; but this past Saturday, multiple tornadoes touched down in North Carolina. We live in Cumberland County...just outside North Fayetteville, a hop, skip and a jump from Dunn and Sanford... and about 45 minutes from Raleigh. Needless to say, we were in the midst of a potential disaster. The areas all around us look like a war zone...a housing development five minutes from our front door was totally destroyed, my mother's neighborhood, my husband's workplace, and my son's school were all hit...and all of us are okay!!!  Yes, we have friends who are going through a very trying time right now by having their homes wrecked...but all of our friends and family survived!!!  Yes, I am a very thankful woman!!!  Please, say a prayer for all those who are rebuilding and for those who lost loved ones in these storms. Prayers are free and can move mountains...I cannot imagine a more precious gift than that!!!

Now let's talk about today's projects. This week's challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint is "EGGS"...so, I thought I would get a few Easter gifties together.  I dug out a few of my inexpensive plastic eggs and decided to give them a facelift by jazzing them up with a few coats of paint.  The first thing I did was lightly sand them...this makes the paint adhere to the egg.  Then, I put on a coating of white acrylic paint...this served as a primer to allow the true color of the paints I selected to shine...you know how bright most of the plastic eggs are.  Once the white paint was dry, I sponged Sapphire on one egg and Peach on the other. When this layer dried, I sponged on Aqua Marine (over the Sapphire) and Rose Quartz (over the Peach). As the eggs were drying, I started working on the cards.


I kept the layouts for both cards VERY simple. Keeping them simple makes it much easier to make quite a few in a short period of time. For the card above, I used Aqua Marine (birdie), Tanzanite (light blue around music notes), Rose Quartz (polka dots on birdie's wing) and Sunshine (around flourishes and the tiny hearts). I love all the sparkle on this card...and since it is going to a little girl, I think she will get a kick out of the sparkle too:)


Now that the eggs were dry, I gathered up some yummy Easter candy and threw them into the freshly painted eggs. Then, I simply threaded grosgrain ribbon through a rhinestone ribbon slide and tied it in a knot. Doing this makes it much easier for the recipient to get to the candy quickly:)


Above is another super, simple card. This sweet image was painted with Rose Quartz (blossom and dots in the butterfly), Sunshine (flourishes and center of the blossom), Aqua Marine (butterfly), Mint, Buttercup and Plum (dots in butterfly). I do hope these are enjoyed! If nothing else, it comes with candy, right? I know one thing, I will definitely be painting more plastic eggs with these awesome paints!! I think they made these eggs look glamorous!!! A huge difference from the eggs I brought home from Wally World...and I got 6 eggs for .97! Sure can't wait until they clearance these out;)

Today's project was inspired by the following fabulous challenges:
Thank you for dropping by, and don't forget to show us your lovely egg inspired creations in this week's Creative Inspirations Paint challenge. Have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

HUGS!!
Carolyn

11 comments:

NanaConnie said...

WOW! Beautiful card and the eggs are just marvelous. Love the sparkle on the egg bows.
Scary about the tornados and we will definitely keep everyone in our prayers and so glad your family is safe. Hugz.

Danni said...

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!
Such fabulous creations!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards and eggs. Thanks for telling us how you glitzed the eggs. I may just have to try some for next year. I will check the clearance bins too!! Love the sentiment and the image on your cards. I am anxious to try some of these amazing paints. You are very fortunate to have survived this major disaster. My friend lives in Raleigh and they are ok too. My thought and prayers are with all of you.
Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion for our "You've Been Spotted Challenge." Hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. Barbara GDT XX

Pat said...

Beautiful Easter cards, lovely images. Thanks for joining us at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Helen Dooley said...

These are wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun.

corinne said...

very nice. thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge blog. Good luck !

Tracy said...

Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

This is a lovely creation Thank you so much for entering it in the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects.Love the shimmer the paint gives.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards, love the bright colours! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Magento Themes said...

Adorable card!!! I just love this beautiful paint.
The colors you've used in this card was great.
Thanks for this great post.Magento Themes