Background





Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Inspired by Friendship:)


Good morning and Happy Wednesday!!!! 
Can you believe we are already into the month of JUNE? 
WOO!! HOO!! Only a few weeks, and our son will be finishing up his tour in Iraq!!! The countdown begins!!

Today's card was inspired by this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge..."Friends":)  I may not have many friends, but the friends I do have are truly gifts from God...and I would be lost without them!!! We laugh together...Cry together...and...We keep one another as sane as possible:) I know these amazing ladies are always there for me...and I hope they know I am always there for them. I think the hardest thing is...we all live in different states (NC...SC...WI...CA), so what we share is typically over the phone or via the internet. One day, I hope to win the lottery and have them all move to rural NC:) A girl can dream right? Anyhoo! When it came to making a card that signifies friendship, I immediately thought of marathon phone calls and laughter!!! It doesn't matter why we call (to vent, to cry, to complain, etc...) at some point, it all leads to laughter:)  If y'all are looking, you know it's true;) So, this is how today's card came about...


There is no "real" patterned paper on this card...but there is recycled paper.  Can you tell what it is? If you guessed a page from an old phone book, you are correct! I went to the "L" section, and chose the page that contained the last name of "Love" cuz I got a lotta love for my BFFs (if you look at the upper right hand corner of the top panel, you can kinda make it out). For privacy purposes, I also tried to conceal names and numbers...you can see one or the other, but not both. I sponged Tutu Pink CI Paint over the entire page, don't you just love all that sparkle and shine? It took a drab looking page from a phone book and jazzed it right up!! I tell ya...I simply cannot get enough of this awesome paint!!  For the phone, I colored it first with Prismacolor markers, then painted a coat of Tutu Pink over the pink areas. I don't know if you can see it (my photography skills leave much to be desired), but the dots on the phone dial, the top layer of the stamped doily, and the edge of the circle have shimmer from Antique Silver CI Paint. I really wish I could have captured the shine and shimmer better!


I hope you will be able to play along with us in this week's Friendship Inspired Challenge at Creative Inspirations Paint!!! We love admiring your beautiful creations, AND it's the last challenge of the month, so you know what that means, right?!?! Next week, one lucky winner will be drawn from all of this month's challenge participants!! That means you could win some awesome Creative Inspirations Paint to try out for yourself! BUT...you gotta be in it to win it;) We'll be looking for you!!!

Have a super blessed day!!!
HUGS & SMILES!!!
Carolyn

I am also playing along with the following amazing challenges:
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Bloggers Challenge - Make It Shimmer
Just Add Ink - Just Add Fussy Cutting
Totally Papercrafts - Pink & Girly
Wags n' Whiskers - Stitches
Card supplies:
Stamp: "Thinking of You" by Rupa Shevde for Gina K. Designs, Stella Rose "Gertie 'Girly' Stamps" by My Mind's Eye; Card stock - Bazzill; Patterned paper - page from an old phone book; Miscellaneous goodies: Prismacolor markers, Creative Inspirations Paint (Tutu Pink and Antique Silver), Papertrey Sweet Blush Swiss Dots satin ribbon, The Paper Studio pink rhinestones, Sew Easy w/ standard attachment head, DMC floss #3689, pink lace from stash.

11 comments:

Oscar said...

Beautiful card, I love the recycled phone book pages and how you've layered the card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love all the different tones of pink, the gorgeous lace and the bling.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I WAS going to say CUTENESS because that is what I said when I saw the little pic on my blog... then I clicked and said "WOW!!! OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!!" THIS IS GORGEOUS GIRL!!! I LOVE the phone book paper! ((I know who I will be prank calling today!!! HAHAHA!!!)) J/K :D

You are so uber creative. Too creative for your own good. So creative it seems that it is not humanly possible to be so. Why wont you share?

OK. Maybe my coffee is too strong this morning. I just had to let you know how much I LOVE this card. It is beautiful!!!

HUGS and SMILES
Heather

Manuela said...

This card is absolutely fantastic, Carolyn! Thise phonebookpage is sooo cool! You did a great job :D
Thanks so much for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the added phone book page and how you framed the telephone image! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge.

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty! Love the telephone image, it's such fun! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Basement Stamper said...

Carolyn this is an absolutely darling card. I love the phone book pages with the phone image. Thanks for playing with us at Blogger's Challenge this week!

Annette said...

Love all that sparkle. Adorable. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at 2 Sisters. Annette xx

Ida said...

How fun and pretty. Love the use of the old phone book page. Glad you joining in on the BC Shimmer Challenge (It's "Pets" this week, hope you'll play again.)

Sue from Oregon said...

oh such yummy colors girl...very fun image and oh so love the PTI ribbon!

Zuzana Obert said...

Carolyn your work is stunning. I love the clever idea with old phone book page! Thank you for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel challenge this week.

Zuzana x x