Background





Friday, June 3, 2011

Gathering Love


Good morning!!! I hope your week has been fabulous!!! And to think, today is Friday!!! Yayyyyyy!!!! Can you believe we are already into June?!?! Normally, I fuss at how quickly time seems to pass these days...but not right now. Why, you ask? Well, if all things go as planned, Jonathon will be leaving Iraq later this month and will be heading to his home in Hawaii:) I'm sure with his MOS, he will find himself sent back to the desert again...but for now...it is the countdown to coming back to the US of A:):) Then...sometime the end of June to the first part of July, he and his wonderful wife will be here in NC for a few weeks!! And for more good news, our baby boy, Zachary, will be graduating on June 10th!!! I still cannot believe my little boys are all grown up!! Yes, I am one proud and very HAPPY momma!!!! God has truly blessed us:):)


Okay, now on to today's card:) Yes...it is VERY bright!! Did you have to reach for your sunglasses? Sorry you are now seeing "blue dots", but I was feeling bright and cheerful when I was creating this card;)


This lovely image is from the recently released "Natural Beauty Collection" by Carmen Medlin for SCACD and is called ♡"Gathering Love"♡. Isn't she beautiful? She is colored with Prismacolor markers and paired with a lovely paper from the "Madeline" 6 x 6 paper pad by Prima. As for the layout, I chose to keep it very simple so this gorgeous image would take center stage and shine:) I also wanted to mention, if you purchase the entire Natural Beauty Collection (all 7 stamps) you will receive a FREE pack of Prima Tulle Roses (color will be selected by Susana). Due to the popularity of this gorgeous collection, this special has been extended and will be in effect until June 5, 2011. Free gift only available at SCACD.


I received a great deal of inspiration from the following FABULOUS challenges:
Well, I am off to do my household chores, then head on out to do some yard work....and maybe get a bit of a tan:) I hope your Friday is AMAZING and your weekend is loaded down with love and laughter!!! Thank you for dropping by:)

Blessings and Happy Hugs!!!
Carolyn

Card Supplies:
Stamp: Gathering Love by Carmen Medlin for SCACD; Card stock: Papertrey Ink; Patterned paper: Madeline by Prima; Miscellaneous goodies: Prismacolor markers, Copic Spica Atyou glitter pens, DecoArt Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint (Crystal Ice), Spellbinder's - Floral Doily Motifs, Prima flower, Stampin Up Bashful Blue ink and sponge for background, pearl spray from Hobby Lobby (bridal department), eyelet lace and thread from stash.

8 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi dear,
such a wonderful card.
Very pretty lace ribbon.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh Carolyn. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the bright happy bold colors. I LOVE this image. (It reminds me of you for some reason. When I saw it I said "yep, that's Carolyn!") Your papers, lace, stitching and all are just stunning. Fantastic work! As always!

Hugs and have a wonderful weekend.
Heather

Unknown said...

Hey g/f! You did an awesome job with Gathering Love! Wish I could make my clouds like yours for the are so soft and pretty...very realistic! I have ruin several cards trying to do clouds and just can't get them right. Hugz to ya!

Denimo said...

Man... what a wonderful card! Love your colors, image, LO, everything! Thanks for joining our CIC this week. Come back for our next challenge, 'K?
Hugs,
Denise

Gill McCall said...

WOW this is a fantastic card and fits my challenge theme perfectly, I adore how you have coloured her. thanks for playing along and hope to see you again real soon
http;//creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

Carmen O. said...

So beautiful! I just love these bright bold colors together. What a beautiful scene with the blue skies with fluffy white clouds. Just lovely.

Lisa said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Laney said...

beautiful work hun!!
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney