Happy Tuesday!!!!! Today, I wanted to share a card with you showcasing one of the GORGEOUS stamps from the very recently released "Natural Beauty Collection" by the fabulously talented Carmen Medlin for SCACD. This awesome stamp is called ~ Naturally Styled. Isn't the name absolutely perfect?!?! I don't know about you, but this lovely image SO reminds me of Cinderella...when her beautiful ball gown was being magically created:) Such a happy thought from childhood!!!
As soon as I saw this stamp, I knew I had to layer it up:) Doesn't it just *scream* layer me? The image was stamped 4 times...3 times on card stock and once on vellum. Once I finished coloring the parts being layered, I cut out them out and glued them in place. Next time, I am going to try different patterned papers or maybe even pieces of paper doilies for each layer:) I love an image that ignites my mojo...cuz usually, my mojo is barely creating a spark...yeppers, mucho lacking:}
Did you notice the embossed background panels? It is one of the many wonderful embossing folders Susana has recently added to the store. This one is by Couture Creations and is called ~Drifting Emdless. It works beautifully and very much resembles the Cuttlebug embossing folders. What I really love about it (other than its fabulous design) is the size...5" X 7". This means I can use it...with no finagling or fuss...on my larger cards:) Susana has quite a few of these wonderful, embossing folders (by both Couture Creations and Craft Concepts) in the store, and they come in many different styles and designs. I put a bunch of them on my wish list...now, I just have to decide which ones I want first...
Well, it is time for me to head on outta here. DH has today off, and we are going to work in the yard and get the pool ready for the hot weather that will soon be here. This year, we have been having one heck-of-a-time getting it "right". Hopefully, today's labor will do the trick:) Wish us luck! We need it:)
Have a super, wonderful day filled with lots of smiles and sunshine!!! Thank you for popping in for a bit:)
This card was inspired by following fabulous challenges:
(A huge THANKS to all the talented designers for the lovely inspiration!!!)
- Crafty Cardmakers ~ Embossing (I used dry embossing here)
- Kaboodle Doodles Challenge ~ DISTRESS, RIP, TEAR, CRUMPLE or any other things you can think of to add some sort of distressing or weathering to your project.
- Make It Monday ~ Anything Goes
- NettieGs Challenge ~ Childhood Fantasy...I don't know about you, but this image brings to mind Cinderella's dress ..what a wonderful childhood fantasy...to have a Fairy Godmother make you a princess for one night:)
- The Ribbon Reel ~ Shabby Strawberries and Cream (Inspiration pic + ribbon/baker's twine and flowers)
- Woodware USA ~ Anything Goes
- Paper Sundaes ~ Pop It Up
- Designed 2 Delight ~ White + 1 Other Color
- One Stop Craft ~ Fairy Tales (As I said earlier...this image reminds me of Cinderella:)
Stamp: Naturally Styled by Carmen Medlin for SCACD; Card stock: Papertrey Ink; Miscellaneous goodies: Prismacolor markers, Couture Creations Embossing folder ~ Drifting Endless, Spellbinder's ~ Lacey Ovals, Classic Oval LG, Sew Easy, Paper Studio adhesive pearls, vellum, Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint ~ Ice Crystal, EK Success flower punch (small), Martha Stewart ribbon, Interior: Prima E Line flowers (#300159), Sentiment from Papertrey Ink