Background





Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Celebrate You!


Howdy do, my friends!  Today, I wanted to share a simple card I created using one of the fabulous digi images that the wonderful ladies at Papertrey Ink gave away last week.  This sweet pinwheel image was created by the extremely talented Maile Belles, and I absolutely love the simplicity of it!  I mean, you gotta love a card that can be created in a matter of minutes:o)  I know I do. For this card, I printed out two images of the adorable pinwheel and colored them with Prismaclor markers.  Since I was only going to pop up one of the pinwheels, I only colored the larger one.  In the center of each pinwheel is a black, mini brad with a clear rhinestone adhered to it.  I took the pinwheel image and attached it to a black scallop circle created with my Nesties die ad set it aside.  I glued a piece of distressed DCWV patterned paper from the Café Mediterranean matstack pad to a piece of distressed Orange Zest card stock. Then, I took a strip of black tulle and attached it towards the left side of the card stock and patterned paper.  Next, a piece of Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon was stitched onto the tulle and card stock along with a bunched up bit of tulle. I suppose I was feeling somewhat messy;o)  Once all of this was done, I glued the pinwheel image onto the wadded up tulle.  All of this was then adhered to a piece of distressed True Black and Hawaiian Shores card stock.


For the interior, I also chose to keep it very simple.  I just stitched some of the Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon to a scrap of True Black card stock.  I like the willy-nilly look of the stitching...it makes it easier to create when things don't have to be perfect and neat.  Know what I mean?  A super simple card that was super fun to create!!  I thank the ladies at Papertrey for sharing such wonderful images with us!!!  It was such a kind gesture:o)  I am planning to create a set of cards using another one of the images...it has a sweet rainbow and cloud...CuhYUTE!!!  I'll share it with you as soon as it's done.


I was inspired to create this card by this fab & funky wedding cake topper from they Etsy shop - Claylicious...it is being featured this week at Etsy Inspired Challenges.  I just love the black, turquoise and orange color combo!  It's like a fiesta on paper:o)  I have some fun owl images from Fresh Brewed Designs that I plan to use so I can play again at EIC.  Sure hope I have the time to get to it before the challenge expires!!!

I am also playing along with these FUN challenges:
  • Digital Tuesday Challenge - They want you to use Punches...I didn't use anything glamorous just a simple circle punch...hope that still counts
Thanks a bunch for stopping by today!!!  I hope you are having an awesome day and are finding some time to Celebrate YOU:o)

Card Supplies:
Image - digital freebie from Papertrey Ink and designed by Maile Belles
Card stock: Papertrey Ink
Patterned paper: DCWV - Café Mediterranean matstack
Prismacolor markers, Paper Studio clear rhinestones and black brads, Hawaiian Shores grosgrain ribbon, circle punch, Nesties scallop circle die, scissors for distressing, black tulle from stash, needle, black DMC floss

12 comments:

de said...

Amazing colors in this card! I love all the "white space" created by the cheery orange! And those pinwheels are sooo cute!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Angi Barrs said...

Looovvee the colors you chose. And the tulle is a great added touch. Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

Barbara said...

OMGosh! You DO know how to use COLOR!!! This is eye-popping gorgeous! Love 'n' hugs!

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card & LOVE those colors you used! Thanks for playing with Etsy this week!!!!!

Carmen O. said...

I just love this card. The colors you chose and the ruched ribbon and tulle are absolutely perfect.

Gem said...

such lovely vibrant colours! Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge this week at I Did it Creations! Gemma :)

Georgia Ehrmann said...

What a lovely CAS card! The colors are wonderful together too!Thank you for playing with us at IDIC this week! Hope to see you again next week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Stacy said...

Stunning! Wow, I love these colors together, I would have never tried this! I am so sorry I didn't know you had this blog :( I am sure I have missed some amazing cards! I am off to check out the rest of your eye candy!
Hugs and Blessings,
Stacy

Ren-Yi said...

what a beautiful card. fun colors and great netted ribbon. very stunning. thanks for stopping by my blog. Of course you may CASE - i feel so flattered :) Let me know when your card is up - I would love to see your creation! :D

Ruby said...

Ooh I love this, especially how you've done the tulle. Really pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely beautiful thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beeceecreativity said...

great card.. lovely netting and pleaded ribbon..
thanks for playing along at Party Time Tuesdays.. hope to see you again next week... hugs Bev PTT DT