Happy Monday!!! My wish for you is that your week is going exactly as you hoped it would and that all your dreams come true:o) I wanted to play along in the Fresh Brewed Challenge for this week...it's a fabulous sketch...and what better stamp to use than one of the soon-to-be-released Cutie Pie stamps?!?! So....here is a sneakie peekie;o) I just love Heather's new line of rubbah!!! (If you would like to see yesterday's peek, you can check out this post...it features another Cutie Pie.) This little angel, along with the sweetie in yesterday's card, will be available for purchase on March 1st...and Fresh Brewed Designs will be hosting a blog hop to showcase all the little lovelies! If you take a look at the left sidebar, you can see how you could be entered into a drawing for a special prize that will be announced after the March 1st hop.
I had loads of fun playing with this week's FBD challenge sketch!!! It was a true challenge for me, especially the oval in the center. I know you are not required to follow sketches exactly, but something about this oval intrigued me. I thought for a bit, and this is the card I came up with. For the most part, I am quite happy with it:o) After I was finished, I thought of how fun it would be to create some Easter card's using this sketch...the oval portion could be a giant Easter egg:o) Think that is a card in the works...already jotted it down in my idea journal...along with Heather's wonderful sketch. Unfortunately, I am at that age where I have to write everything down...if I want to remember it. How sad, huh? I guess all the useless facts and a lifetime of songs (both good and bad) have cluttered up my poor brain;o} Please tell me you can relate.
Along with the FBD Challenge sketch, I was also inspired by the following fantastic challenges:
- Fairy Fun Fridays - It's All in the Fine Print...you are to incorporate fine print on your card/project as a design element...I used the beautiful Memory Box paper from the Enchanted 6x6 paper pad that has a bit of fine print on it.
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Spring Theme...you must have ribbon. lace, etc on your creation
- Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
- Res-Q Challenge - Make a Card/Project That Makes You HAPPY! All of my cute stamps put a smile on my face and anytime I am able to play with paper makes me happy:o) Such a FUN theme and challenge!!!
- Paper Play Challenges - Add Shine...I used Stickles and Creative Inspiration Paint on this Cutie Pie's wings for a bit a shimmer and shine.
Stamp from Fresh Brewed Designs (available for purchase March 1st)
Card stock from Papertrey Ink and Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Memory Box - "Enchanted" 6x6 paper pad
Prismacolor markers, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection, "Brides" pearl brads from Michael's wedding department, "Details" grosgrain ribbon, Martha Stewart leaf punch, "Paper Studio" adhesive half pearls from Hobby Lobby, Stickles in Crystal, Creative Inspiration Paint in Fairy Dust, and lace from stash