Background





Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Inspired by Charms...

If you are here for the House Mouse & Friends Birthday post and Blog Candy, click HERE.


Happy Wednesday!!!! When I saw this  week's Creative Inspirations Challenge, I knew exactly which image I wanted to use - Precious Present by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co...not just because CI Paints are awesome for coloring wings...but because...oh wait!...I'll tell you in a bit... ;o) These paints also give any creation that heavenly sparkle I love so much. :o) For today's card, I paired Fairy Dust and Sapphire. The pic below shows all the fabulous shimmer the paints create when light hits it. It's hard to believe a paint can create such brilliant sparkle, but CI Paints do!


I have been holding onto this "Best Friends" charm for quite some time now, and it was time to put it to use. What better encouragement than being challenged to "Use Charms"? Don't you love it when a challenge inspires you to use those neglected goodies you almost forgot about? I know I do!!


Now, onto WHY this week's particular challenge made this my "go to" image... I can't really explain it, but she reminds me of Wonder Woman, hence the color palette. I know Wonder Woman couldn't fly...she had her invisible plane to take care of that. I'm thinking maybe it's the hair...you know, I think that is it. Well, most of my BFFs (this is where the charm comes in) remind me of Wonder Women...they do it all and make it look effortless. I'm sure you can relate. Now, you can see how a simple challenge - focusing on one, little element - can jump-start your imagination and get those creative juices flowing. Hopefully, you have been inspired to show your CHARMing creations with us in this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge.


Also, a huge THANKS to these awesome challenges for all their creative inspiration:
Have a super, super day!!!
Blessings and Hugs,
Carolyn

Goodies used in the creation of today's card:

    7 comments:

    kadie said...

    oooooooh, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Of course it is, all your cards are totally FAB (just like you)! Love the sparkle and the ode to Wonder Woman and what that means to you regarding the women in your life. Perfect use and timing for your charm!! Love it, Girlie!

    Lorraine said...

    Beautiful, Carolyn! I love the bold color combo, your coloring of that sweetie and the inside of your card, too!

    Aud Kirsten said...

    wow, this is beautiful, love the colors:)
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap!

    Dee's Craft Room said...

    This is a great image and it is so very well coloured. I particularly like the sparkle.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    Peggysue said...

    Wow, these colors are fabulous! So vibrant and patriotic. And the interior is terrific. Thanks so much for joining our latest challenge Girls and Glitter at Designed2Delight. It’s a pleasure to see your work and be inspired by it!

    Bettina L. said...

    This is beautiful. Love the sparkling colour combination and those layers. Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles this week and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina x

    Amy Tidd said...

    What a beautiful image and you have coloured it in beautifully! Thanks for taking part in Crafty Boots Challenge! Amyx