Background





Friday, September 23, 2011

Dreams Really Do Come True!

If you are here for the House Mouse & Friends Birthday post and blog candy, click HERE.



Happy, Happy Friday!!!! I wanted to share with you a card I created using one of the adorable new stamps by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co. - "3 Wishes". Isn't she absolutely precious...and look at that darling, little fairy!! I cannot help but smile when I see these sweeties! :o)

Lately, I have been creatively constipated and have had the hardest time coloring and creating a card. I have stamped images I have been dying to color just to have it end up in the garbage. So, I stop coloring out of frustration and try to create a card with images already colored...guess what? I find myself wasting more crafty goodies, but my trash bin is happy...he's had a feast the past few days. Do you ever experience this kind of creative blockage? It's times like these that I have a deeper appreciation for challenge blogs! Without their creativity and inspiration, there is no telling how long it would take me to finish a card...let alone one worth sharing.


Today's card only came to be because of the following incredible challenges:
  • Crafting Life's Pieces - Sketch
  • Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration (love this fun and vibrant color palette)
  • Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes, Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World" (I love this song, because it makes me smile and reminds me of the beauty in children and their limitless dreams...why do we struggle with dreaming when we become older? Note to self...gotta change that!)
  • Ruby's Rainbow - For the Girls
  • Crafty Creations - Fabulous Fairies (Isn't the fairy popping out of the box adorable? I just love her!!)
If I didn't have them for inspiration, this card would not be! Truly, it probably would have been another snack for Mr. Trash Bin. Fortunately, I had these awesome challenges and their talented design teams to keep me focused and on the right track. A huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you for helping me create a card I am happy with! :o) Y'all are mojo savers!!!


Blessings and Hugs,
Carolyn

Goodies used in the creation of today's card:
  • Card Stock: PTI (kraft); Bazzill
  • Patterned Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery "Baby Girl"; Miss Elizabeth (Dollar Tree)
  • Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); SU Classic Ink (Pretty In Pink...interior sentiment)
  • Coloring Medium: Prismacolor pencils, OMS

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Another sweet masterpiece! Love the pastel colors and all the elegant layers. Those flowers are perfection! I recently discovered Sylvia Zet myself and have some images ready to color. She has such fresh images. More big hugs sending your way!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, Carolyn! I love the colors, papers and your coloring of that sweetie image! ooh and love the beautiful inside of the card, too!

Basslady said...

very cute and delightful!

i love your colouring and the choice of dp's!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is a beautifully made card and very well coloured. It is always such a delight to look at the work of the people who comment on my blog.

I dropped by to thank you for the very kind comments you left on my blog.

In light of your comments I wondered if you would be interested to know that the pattern for this piece was designed by Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum as a tribute to the birth mother of her adopted daughter.

The woman, who Ms Leavitt-Imblum felt a great affinity for, was part Cherokee, part African American. When she died, Ms Leavitt-Imblum was so affected by her death that she designed 'Earthdancer' as, in her own words, "a tribute to the woman who had the strength to know what was best for her baby and the wisdom and her rich culture."

Ms Leavitt-Imblum also said that "since her death I have felt her near me, watching and smiling at this beautiful child. She dances free from the bonds of earth, but her child lives and will know always of the power of a mother's love."

I think her feeling for this women must have been genuine because she has created such a beautiful design in order to share them with the rest of the world.

Dionne

Sue from Oregon said...

oh Carolyn...this is so sweet. I know what you mean by being stuck...I always start casing when I can't think on my on...seems to get the wheels started!

Bee and Dee said...

A beautiful card I think your creative block is over, Really love the stamp, will need to find out if you can get them in the UK. Thank you for taking part in the Try It On Tuesday challenge. Hugs Bee

Jacq said...

Hi there,
Oh Wow this is just Gorgeous!!! Love the cute stamp, the dp, the colour scheme is just gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Sassy Scrapper said...

What a super cute card. I totally love this image with the little fairy suprise. Your flowers are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us for this months sketch challenge at CLP.
Hugs Bonnie

Karenladd said...

Gorgeous card but I especially appreciated your description of how it sometimes just will NOT come together when we sit down to create something. Whether it's a matter of not being able to come up with a design, or just hating the designs that we do come up with...we all have our off day, or off week, or even (sometimes), an off year! Glad you found that spark again...and it was a fabulous one!

craftyb said...

Awwww...how cute is this! I LOVE the sweet image and the pretty colour mix! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

Eulanda said...

Such a sweet card!! I am such a fan of doiley's and those flowers are so pretty! Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining us at CLP this month. Hugs!

Dee's Craft Room said...

More fabulous cards, I love your work.

Dionne
Crafty Boots DT