If you are here for the House Mouse & Friends Birthday post and Blog Candy, click HERE.
Happy Wednesday!!!! When I saw this week's Creative Inspirations Challenge, I knew exactly which image I wanted to use - Precious Present by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co...not just because CI Paints are awesome for coloring wings...but because...oh wait!...I'll tell you in a bit... ;o) These paints also give any creation that heavenly sparkle I love so much. :o) For today's card, I paired Fairy Dust and Sapphire. The pic below shows all the fabulous shimmer the paints create when light hits it. It's hard to believe a paint can create such brilliant sparkle, but CI Paints do!
I have been holding onto this "Best Friends" charm for quite some time now, and it was time to put it to use. What better encouragement than being challenged to "Use Charms"? Don't you love it when a challenge inspires you to use those neglected goodies you almost forgot about? I know I do!!
Now, onto WHY this week's particular challenge made this my "go to" image... I can't really explain it, but she reminds me of Wonder Woman, hence the color palette. I know Wonder Woman couldn't fly...she had her invisible plane to take care of that. I'm thinking maybe it's the hair...you know, I think that is it. Well, most of my BFFs (this is where the charm comes in) remind me of Wonder Women...they do it all and make it look effortless. I'm sure you can relate. Now, you can see how a simple challenge - focusing on one, little element - can jump-start your imagination and get those creative juices flowing. Hopefully, you have been inspired to show your CHARMing creations with us in this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge.
Also, a huge THANKS to these awesome challenges for all their creative inspiration:
- Crafty Boots - Things with Wings
- Kaboodle Doodles - Lots of Layers
- Delightful Inspiration - Girls & Glitter
- Card & Scrap - Charms
Blessings and Hugs,
Goodies used in the creation of today's card:
- Stamp: Precious Present by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co.
- Card stock: PTI (Pure Poppy - red); Bazzill
- Patterned paper: Echo Park "Dots & Stripes" from the Metropolitan Collection
- Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
- Coloring Medium: Prismacolor pencils, OMS
- Fun extras: Nestabilities, Sew Easy (standard stitch), DMC floss, Offray satin ribbon, Studio His & Hers (Hobby Lobby) adhesive gemstones (black), Mainstays Crafts (Wal-Mart) "Token Charms" (#75081), DecoArt Glamour Dust Ultra Fine Glitter Paint (Ice Crystal), Creative Inspirations Paint (Fairy Dust, Sapphire), Viva Decor Glitter Liner (Sapphire...inside the heart on charm), Martha Stewart Punch (leaf), EK Success Retro Flower Punches