If you are here for the House Mouse & Friends Birthday post and blog candy, click HERE.
Happy, Happy Friday!!!! I wanted to share with you a card I created using one of the adorable new stamps by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co. - "3 Wishes". Isn't she absolutely precious...and look at that darling, little fairy!! I cannot help but smile when I see these sweeties! :o)
Lately, I have been creatively constipated and have had the hardest time coloring and creating a card. I have stamped images I have been dying to color just to have it end up in the garbage. So, I stop coloring out of frustration and try to create a card with images already colored...guess what? I find myself wasting more crafty goodies, but my trash bin is happy...he's had a feast the past few days. Do you ever experience this kind of creative blockage? It's times like these that I have a deeper appreciation for challenge blogs! Without their creativity and inspiration, there is no telling how long it would take me to finish a card...let alone one worth sharing.
Today's card only came to be because of the following incredible challenges:
- Crafting Life's Pieces - Sketch
- Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration (love this fun and vibrant color palette)
- Try It On Tuesday - Anything Goes, Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World" (I love this song, because it makes me smile and reminds me of the beauty in children and their limitless dreams...why do we struggle with dreaming when we become older? Note to self...gotta change that!)
- Ruby's Rainbow - For the Girls
- Crafty Creations - Fabulous Fairies (Isn't the fairy popping out of the box adorable? I just love her!!)
Blessings and Hugs,
Goodies used in the creation of today's card:
- Stamps: 3 Wishes by Sylvia Zet for SCACD Stamp Co., Fiskars - Dawn Houser "Friendship" clear stamps - #97607 (interior sentiment)
- Card Stock: PTI (kraft); Bazzill
- Patterned Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery "Baby Girl"; Miss Elizabeth (Dollar Tree)
- Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); SU Classic Ink (Pretty In Pink...interior sentiment)
- Coloring Medium: Prismacolor pencils, OMS