Background





Monday, August 8, 2011

~Beautiful You~


Although this post was supposed to go live quite some time ago (around the time Blogger went wacko for some of us), I thought it was still worth sharing...better late than never, right? ;o) This card was created for a previous Creative Inspirations Paints Challenge, and the theme was all about MOM:) So, I thought it would be nice to make my lovely Mom a card using one of my her favorite colors and incorporating one of her favorite things...flowers. She is an avid gardener and loves all things bright and cheerful. The floral background was created by sponging Rose Quartz CI paint over a Dreamweaver stencil (Flower Lace Background), then cut out using a Nesties Curved Rectangles die. The large blossom was made using the scraps from the background and another Nesties die...Dahlia. I love how the CI paint adds such a soft shimmer:) It isn't too overpowering, and it gives the card a delicate touch of elegance. I just love that! If you look closely, you will see that the bow also has a hint of shimmer. Yup...you guessed it...it started out a simple, white ribbon...but got the star treatment by simply adding a beautiful frosting of Rose Quartz CI paint:) Well, that about does it for me on this busy Monday morning. I hope your day is filled with happiness and overflowing with blessings!!! Thank you for dropping by and sharing a portion of your day with me!!!!

HUGS!!!
Carolyn


0 comments: